- Lord Vishnu because of his association with water is depicted blue.Therefore all his incarnations including Krishna, are shown as such. In Sanathana Dharma, those who have the depth of character and the capacity to fight evil are depicted as blue skinned.
- Lord Krishna was born on 21-07-3227 BC and died on 18-02-3102 BC. He lived for 125 years. Vasudeva and Devaki were his parents. Sandipani was his Guru.
- According to traditional Hindu astrology, Lord Krishna was born at midnight at the Rohini Nakshatra on the 8th(ashtami) day of the second fortnight of the month of Shravana. It is said that the number 8 is very dear to Lord Krishna, who was the 8th child of Vasudeva and Devaki.
- Bhagavadgita is a dialogue between Shri Krishna and Arjuna. Maha Bharata and the Geeta were composed by Veda Vyasa. The Bhagavad Geeta was written at some point between 400 BCE and 200 CE. Bhagavad Gita contains 18 chapters in which there are 700 shlokas.
- Krishna means both ”the dark one” and ”all attractive one.”
- It is said that Radha didn’t open her eyes as a young girl, until Krishna appeared before her. The love between Radha and Krishna developed into a devotional movement known as ”Bhakti Yoga” which has come to be known as the ”Hare Krishna Movement”
- No other God is in the Hindu pantheon is associated with so many romantic tales and so fully radiating with all the divine attributes as Shri Krishna.