A woman is like a tea bag-you can’t tell how strong she is
until you put her in hot water.
1.Avani Chaturvedi(B:27 October 1993) is India’s first woman
2.Mary Kom, the Five-Time World Ameteur Boxing Champon,
clinched her 5th Gold in November 2017 at the Asian Confederation
Women’s Boxing Championship.
3. Smt. K.S.Nagaratnamma was the first woman speaker of the Karnataka
Legislative Assembly from March 1972 to 1978.
4. Anupam Sud(B:1944) is one of the finest print makers among the
new generation of artists. Her art epitomizes the inter relation and
psychological tension between men and women. Her feminist works
are more metaphorical than direct, reflecting her humanistic
5. Mahasweta Devi,(B:14, January 1926 )Bengali fiction writer
and socio-political activist, was awarded the Jnanapith award
6. Ashapurna Devi (B:8,January 1909;D:13,July 1995) was a prominent
Bengali novelist and poetess. She was awarded Jnanapith award and
the Padma Shri award by the Government of India.
7.Nanjanagud Tirumalamba(B:25,March 1887;D:31 August 1982) was
the earliest new age Kannada author, newspaper editor, publisher
and printer, who strived for the upliftment of women.
8. Hamsa Sharma was the first female coach to win the Dronacharya
Award in 2000 for weight lifting.
9. Mithali Raj (B:3 December,1982) is an Indian cricketer and the
captain of the Indian women’s cricket team in Tests and O D I.
and best batswoman of 2017. She was awarded Padma Shri
on 2015. She is the first Indian and 5th woman cricketer overall
to score over 1,000 world cup runs.
10. M.S.Subbulakshmi(B:16 September 1916;D:11 December, 2004)
was an Indian Carnatic singer. She was the first musician ever to be
awarded the Bharata Ratna.She was the only singer selected for
Ramon Magsaysay award. Sarojini Naidu called her ”Nightingale
11. Sarojini Naidu(B:13,February 1879;D:2 March 1949) was a freedom
fighter,feminist and poet of modern India. She was also called Nightingale
of India. She was the first woman to be president of Indian National Congress.