1. Indraprastha (during the epic period of Mahabharat, 5000BC.
2. Hastinapur(means elephant city) name given by king Hastin.
3. Lal Kot, founded by Tomara king Anangpal in 736 AD.
4.Renamed as Qila Rai Pithora (1180 AD) by Chauhan kings.
5. Siri, built by Allauddin Khilji in 1303.
6. Tughluqabad, built by Ghiyasuddin Tughluq (1321 -1325)
7. Jahanpanah, built by Muhammed Bin Tughluq (1325-1351)
8. Feroz Shah Kotla, built by Firoz Shah Tughluq.(1351-1388)
9.Purana Qila, built by Sher Shah Suri and Dinpanah, built
by Humayun, both near the legendary Indraprastha.(1538-1545)
10.Shahjahanabad, the walled city built by Shah Jahan(1638-1649)
containing Lal Qila and Chandni Chowk. It is presently
referred to as Old Delhi.
11. Dilli-because heart of India as it is capital of India.
12.New Delhi, the city built by the British on the South-West.
13. Lutyen’s Delhi-specifically New Delhi named after
British architect Edwin Lutyen.(1869-1944).